TIMES, TIME, AND HALF A TIME. A HISTORY OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM.

Comments on a cultural reality between past and future.

This blog describes Metatime in the Posthuman experience, drawn from Sir Isaac Newton's secret work on the future end of times, a tract in which he described Histories of Things to Come. His hidden papers on the occult were auctioned to two private buyers in 1936 at Sotheby's, but were not available for public research until the 1990s.



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Suppertime Sonnets: the Millennial Sequential Art Form


Congratulations to Kate Sherrod, for helping to turn blogging into the Millennial sequential art form it should be. Never before, perhaps never again in history have so many people been able to follow the up and down trials, dreams and passions of so many other people.

From 2009 to 2010, Sherrod wrote sonnets every day, and posted them on her blog (and she still does post new ones a few times a week).  It's quite a feat.  The best ones are now collected in paperback (here) entitled, Suppertime Sonnets.  Kudos and props, Kate. (Hat tip: PM Blues.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm honored that you posted here about
    My book and the weird blog behind it, dear
    And edifying ToB! A shout
    Is always much appreciated here!
    This effort's changed my life; I'd recommend
    A project of its like to anyone.
    I've gained perspective, and more than one friend
    And on the way I've had a lot of fun,
    And proved that I could do it -- quite a boost
    For anybody. Now I just can't quit!
    Pentameter is in my blood; I've loosed
    Iambic monsters on the world a bit.
    I hope that folks enjoy them, and they try
    To sonnetize, themselves, then, by and by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kate, a sonnetted comment! Very nice. :) I would answer in iambic pentameter, but then we'd have sonnets answering sonnets and we could be here til next week before we broke the chain...

    ReplyDelete