Sean Hoare died today. Image Source: Hazel Thompson/Eyevine/Guardian.
It feels like the universe is coming full circle and airing some secrets. Regular readers of this blog will know that I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories. However, there are times when I can't help but wonder. Case in point: just as the phone hacking scandal in Britain has escalated off the charts, the News of the World whistleblower, Sean Hoare, was found dead today:
Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, was said to have been found at his Watford home.
Hertfordshire police would not confirm his identity, but the force said in a statement: "At 10.40am today [Monday 18 July] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for the welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.
Other deaths that conspiracy theorists have focussed on (not counting the huge numbers of dead Russian journalists):"The death is currently being treated as unexplained but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."
- Karen Silkwood, chemical technician and nuclear whistleblower, 1974
- Vince Foster, Deputy White House Counsel, 1993
- Jose Trias, prominent tax lawyer and general counsel to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1994
- Tsunao Saitoh, Alzheimer's researcher, 1996
- Philip Schneider, UFO conspiracy theorist and claimed ex-government geologist, 1996
- Diana, Princess of Wales, 1997
- JFK Jr., plane crash, 1999
- Five prominent microbiologists variously connected with DNA, anthrax and bioweapons research, 2001 (Benito Que; Don C. Wiley; Valdimir Pasechnik; Robert M. Schwartz; Set Van Nguyen: other discussions here)
- David Kelly and the September Dossier; Kelly had connections to the US bio-defense industry and was linked to three other microbiologists (Que, Wiley and Pasechnik) who died under mysterious circumstances, 2002-2003 (yesterday is coincidentally the eighth anniversary of Dr. Kelly's death)
- Jonathan Luna, Assistant US Attorney, homicide, 2003
- Gary Webb, investigative journalist, died of suicide with two gunshot wounds to the head, 2004
- Zurab Zhvania, PM of Georgia, died of gas poisoning, 2005
- Robin Cook, British MP, 2005
- Wim Duisenberg, the former European Central Bank chief who helped create the Euro currency, 2005
- Badri Patarkatsishvili, Georgian tycoon, 2008
- Mike Connell, Republican consultant, 2008
- Deborah Palfrey, Washington DC Madam, 2008
- Michael Jackson, 2009
- Michael Scott, Chicago school board chief, fixer and insider, 2009
- Ramin Pourandarjani, Iranian physician who testified on prisoners wounded and killed during Iranian election protests, 2009
- Sergei Magnitsky, Russian attorney and tax fraud whistleblower, 2009
- BP Gulf oil spill whistleblowers and prominent critics, 2010-2011 (Gregory Stone; Anthony Nicholas Tremonte; Thomas B. Manton; John P. Wheeler III (see below); James Patrick Black; Chitra Chaunhan; Jeffrey Gardner; Roger Grooters; Ted Stevens; Matthew Simmons; Joseph Morrissey)
- Top members of Polish government, plane crash, 2010
- John Wheeler, Washington insider and defense consultant found in Delaware landfill, homicide, 2011 (see an overview here; and conspiracy theories that Wheeler knew of biochemical tests that killed thousands of birds and fish in late 2010 and after his death in 2011, here and another report here)
- Sadiq Batcha, former close aide to Indian Telecom Minister A. Raja, 2011
- Osama bin Laden, 2011
- Addendum Dec. 2011:
- Tracy Lawrence, Nevada Notary Public whistleblower, 2011
- There are many, many more; for lists, go here, here, here, here, here
See all my posts on Conspiracy Theories.
NOTES FOR READERS OF MY POSTS.
If you're not reading this post on Histories of Things to Come, the content has been scraped and republished without the original author's permission. Please let me know by following this link and leaving me a comment. Thank you.