TIMES, TIME, AND HALF A TIME. A HISTORY OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM.

Comments on a cultural reality between past and future.

This blog describes Metatime in the Posthuman experience, drawn from Sir Isaac Newton's secret work on the future end of times, a tract in which he described Histories of Things to Come. His hidden papers on the occult were auctioned to two private buyers in 1936 at Sotheby's, but were not available for public research until the 1990s.



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Anniversaries: Lest We Forget September 11


I can think of several events in recent history where the world was not the same before as it was after the event.  Of the ones that come most quickly to mind, I wish most had never, ever, ever - ever happened.  The 11 September 2001 attacks are at the top of that list of terrible watersheds.  The 21st century could not have had a darker debut.

The fireman in the photo below in WTC's North Tower One is Mike Kehoe.  He survived the attacks and was interviewed by the Mirror 31 August 2011, here.  The falling man plumetting from Tower One was likely 43-year-old Jonathan Briley, who worked in the top floor restaurant.  Wiki:
Regarding the social and cultural significance of 'The Falling Man', theologian Mark D. Thompson of Moore Theological College says that "perhaps the most powerful image of despair at the beginning of the twenty-first century is not found in art, or literature, or even popular music. It is found in a single photograph."
Some links:
You can find information on some of the photos in this post here, here and here















7 comments:

  1. Jet fuel didn't melt those support structures. It is empirically impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed in an Age of Information what passes for empirical knowledge. 9/11 conspiracy theories are examples where a mountain of information is used to question the basic facts of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinarily powerful photographs.
    And it certainly was a most tragic beginning to the 21st century, spawning more fear, more hatred, and more confusion as to the nature of reality than anyone could've conceived. The real tragedy being that it still influences the world to this day in unfortunate ways, and no doubt will continue to do so for years to come. The bottom line being: there is and was no "saving grace".

    (When I mentioned that yours is/was the only 9/11 memorial I intended to view, I meant it. It was enough.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dia, for your poignant comments on this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a journal post about this on my DeviantArt page. All I'll say here is that I agree in wishing that it had never happened.
    -J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may or may not be something you wish to address on the comment board, but is the second comment (signed "TOB", not "ToB", and missing your icon) something that originates from you? The name links to your 'home' page, not your blogger profile.

    Oh, and welcome back, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi pblfsda! Nice to be back and nice to see you here. Yes it originates from me, but some windows update or something had disabled all my cookies, so I couldn't leave comments as me without manually entering my id. Anyway, I fixed the problem, as you see. I would comment on DP and DCnU, but have had enough of DC's shakeups for a few days.

    ReplyDelete